Sunday, September 10, 2006

Life is bad with "ugly" people

My auntie's husband just passed away this evening. I'll be attending the funeral later in the day. Heard from my mum that the funeral will last for 5 days 4 nights, his body will be sending for cremetion on Wednesday.

He had contracted lung cancer and was discovered in the last stage. Medication couldn't keep the cancer cells from spreading, chemo ceased effect too. Life is bad, must be really hard on his family.

It reminded me of mine 2 years ago, seeing the love ones being tormented. It was really tough, i was practically feeling upset and weeping every night. I prayed so hard and wished that the illness would befall on me not him, seeing him in pain and suffering pained me so much. I'm glad that everything is over now. :)

-

Little Man

Caught the movie with Lily at Lido. Had our dinner at Yoshinoya, Bento Setto! The movie starts at 1145 and since its still early we went over to Cineleisure for intended pool but ended up playing billard 'cause all pool tables were occupied.

Made our way to Lido and there was this auntie selling tissue, Lily being kind-hearted and since he needed the tissue, bought the tissue from her. He handed a dollar coin to her, took one packet of tissue and we walked away.

Here comes the interesting part, the auntie actually shouted, EH! Its 2 dollar!!!

-_-" One packet of tissue for $2! She gotta be nuts, daylight robbery! I think my friend is siao also, outrageously kind can, still gave her another $2 *slaps forehead HARD! He paid a total of $3 for ONE packet of tissue, with that kind of money i could easily have a plate of chicken rice or buy TEN packets of tissue. I can even go public toilets for THIRTY times can!

God, this auntie is really amazing! Maybe the tissue is made of gold or there's a secret manual on how to rob money from kind-hearted people. What is wrong with her man, my friend is kind enough to buy tissue from her and yet she still have the cheek to extort more when its just a packet of tissue!

Argh. Enough of this unpleasant topic.

After the movie, we went over to Keong Saik Road for Tiong Shian Porridge! Its actually located at Chinatown area, near Zhen Zhu Fang. Lily was introduced to this place by his NS friend! The porridge is great and especially goes well with the side dish, raw sliced fish! I LIKE!

Go give it a try if you're nearby someday, sure you won't regret!





-
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind

Daniel Powter - Bad Day

No comments: