Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My life in Poly

I cleared all my modules and offcially a graduate with Diploma in Intelligent Building Technology! (Though it took me 4 LONG years!!!)

:)

I didn't believe i could make it this far and even to the extend of completing my diploma.

I still remembered when i first came to Temasek Polytechnic, i was really reluctant. I'm a shy person by nature (DON'T LAUGH, IT'S TRUE), i don't usually see myself initiating a conversation with anyone, anyhow. I feared i couldn't make any friends and my 3 years in polytechnic would be ONE HELLA NIGHTMARE.

On the 1st day, Tiong and me even lost our way! We didn't attend the orientation camp and didn't know where the lecture halls were, who our classmates were and even where we were!

I'm one of the only few in my class who didn't attend the camp, and it seems like those classmates of mine who went for the camp, mingled quite well together. Needless to say, i felt kinda left out. The feeling was terrible i tell you.

For the first few days, it was real terrible, i don't even feel like attending school AT ALL! But as the days passes, i made some really good friends and a BAD influence, RACHEL. HAHA.

For the 1st 2 year in poly, i'm really messing up my studies. Failing all my modules, persistent in not attending lectures and even got debarred. I didn't know what i was doing in school and i lose my purpose in school.

Until one semester, i was left with only chance to continue my studies in poly. I had flung numerous amount of modules, and even failing the modules not only once, twice but thrice! I felt like CRAP!

There was this particular module, which i had flung it in 3 semesters, even till the 3rd semester, i flung the main paper. I was only given one LAST chance, supplementary paper. If i don't make it then THATS IT! I'll be kick out of the school, that was the last thing i want to see it happening.

Its really a waste of my time and draining my parent financially if i kept failing or even worst, got kicked out of school after 3 semester without a DIPLOMA. I dread at the thought of it and guilt was piling up whenever i think of my parents and their money spent waste on me!

Not wanting to disappoint my parents futher and let them down, i realised it is time i should be studying and not stop playing a fool. I studied and eventually get what i wanted, a PASS!

From then on, i took my studies more seriously. Though i don't get fantastic results but i managed to stop failing modules. I'm happy!

I'm grateful and thankful to all my schoolmates who had helped me along the way and pushing me to study. Thanks for you guys relentless help when i needed it.

No comments: